Today we will understand the Exam Weightage of Property Management in the RECA Exam and how they have segregated the units based on its emphasis and the total number of questions asked.
Property Management is one of the most in-demand and popular career streams in the Real Estate Industry since a few years. People are getting more and more in real estate and making property transactions in general. With an increasing number of property deals for various purposes including personal, occupational, investment and other types, there is a substantial need for individuals who can manage the property business of individuals and/or organizations that are into property dealings.
RECA understands the importance of Property Management and thus, emphasizes it accordingly in the Alberta Real Estate Exam for new learners.
- Number of Questions: It has been allotted a total number of 100 Questions in the exam.
- Question Format: All the questions are multiple-choice. You can select the best option that you think is right from a given list of 4 options.
- Exam Duration: The total exam duration for Practice of Property Management Exam is 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Time allotted per Question: For ideal and expected results, you can allot an average of 1.80 minutes to each question to complete the exam in the stipulated time.
Weightage of Property Management in the RECA Exam – Distribution by Unit
We will also understand the marginal distribution of the sub-topics that are covered under the topic Residential Real Estate. It will also include the weightage given to each of the topics by the Real Estate Council of Alberta in its real estate exams.
Property Management as a topic is parted into 9 Units:
- Introduction to Property Management
- Property Management and the Law
- Leases and Tenancy Agreements
- Market Research and Tenant Selection
- Property Management Accounting
- Management and Administrative Procedures
- Physical and Operational Property Management
- Professional Conduct and Risk Management
- The Property Management Plan
Property Management is one of the most important and diverse category in the Real Estate Licensing specializations.
Know all your options and the Initial Steps to Start A Career in the Alberta Real Estate Industry.
Each of them has different weightage criteria in the RECA exam. Have a look at the image to understand the segregation of questions and their weightage in the exam based on Course Units –
Minimum Passing Requirements for the Exam
- Passing Percentage – The minimum passing percentage for the Residential Real Estate Exam is 70%.
- Passing Marks – The minimum number of marks required to pass the exam is 70.
These are some important tips for fresh applicants who are planning to appear for the Practice of Property Management Exam by RECA but have minimal knowledge of the distribution of marks and emphasis given to each of the topics in the exam.
These will help you to plan your studies as well as the exams with a better understanding of the topics involved. You can anticipate accurate results when you are aware of these small details while you are preparing for the Property Management Exam in Alberta.
Learn all the concepts of Property Management through our Question of the Day Videos
with word to word breakdown of the Questions and Solutions with detailed explanation only from our Tutors at Alberta Real Estate School.
Join Alberta Real Estate School for expert help with understanding the concepts of Real Estate and getting uncommon and detailed tutoring sessions personalized as per your needs. Get our personalized Notes designed to get you through the Real Estate Exams in the first attempt! Visit our list of Real Estate Tutoring Sessions for details.
If you have any doubts for Exam Preparation of any of the real estate courses or topics, reach out to us directly at 587.936.7779.
You can also listen to this blog on our Podcast Channel below. Stick to us for more informative articles. Happy Studying!